Monday, November 22, 2010

Labor of love


Noah decided that he wanted chocolate cupcakes with Mickey Mouse decor for his class party. Since I volunteer on Mondays, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone by having his party on my work day. I made the cupcakes last night and made a fatal mistake! Instead of baking soda, I used baking powder! When the cupcakes came out they were really tiny and dense. At this point, I did not figure out what went wrong, and I decided to scrap them and to purchase the treats on the way to school. But Jawsh helped me figure out my misstep, and I decided to rebake the cupcakes. So I started again after the kids went to sleep and finished frosting them at 12:30 AM. Labor of love. And totally worth it because Noah was so happy. Look at his face, wouldn't you agree???

1 comment:

Uncle Zach said...

He's so darn cute; he's going to be a lady killer. all he needs is a skateboard under his arm and he'll be in the pages of Skateboarder