Saturday, April 18, 2015

Festival of Books

It's been 5 years since we went to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.  Back then, the boys could not read and the event was held at UCLA.  5 years ago, I wrote," I can't wait until the boys start reading so they can meet their favorite authors. I think Micah will be in line for David Shannon... who will Noah like???" Now I can answer that question because we went to the Festival to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid author, Jeff Kinney.  I ONLY had to wait for 3.5 hours for Noah to meet him.  While we waited, we also met Dav Pilkey, who wrote the Captain Underpants Series.  This was a surprise treat as he was walking by and I called out his name. He walked over, spoke to the boys for a few minutes, and then took a picture.  Once we reached Jeff Kinney, Noah was nervous so he didn't have much to say but afterwards he was really happy that he met his favorite author!  When will we go back to the Festival of Books???

No comments: